Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Dead, Jim


Yes indeed, my belt grows larger with the completion of my first semester of Gradjit Skeeyewuhl. Seems like not that long ago I was scrambling to buy art materials, sweating bullets about the quality of my homework and dining on meals of overpriced oatmeal...and with that said, nothing much has changed from two months ago. Although this may call for good praises and hearty cheers, I shall use the next few weeks of my break for meditative reflection, as well as preparation for the imminent battle with the demonic manifestation that calls itself the Fall Semester. However, since all work and no play leads to double vision, diminished motor skills and slurred speech, I plan to spend some quality recreational time by counting the hairs on top of my feet, whistling along to the Mexican hat dance tune that's been in my head for the last three weeks, and ripping into my new novel, "Levitation Made Easy."

The first image below is my final project for the figure studio class-two master copies of works by Pierre Prud'hon. I dare not juxtapose these next to their originals, as I wish to maintain some level of technical credibility. These are accompanied by my last two in-class sessions with the live model. I must say, that even though my final project wasn't deemed "Case" worthy, as was my Jack Nicholson portrait, I (humbly) noticed a considerable difference in the advancement of my technical abilities from the beginning of the semester, and am ultimately pleased with my experience of both the figure studio and art history classes.




No comments: